Our primary role as educators is to create a literacy-rich, aesthetic environment and a warm, exciting atmosphere wherein children want to explore and learn, creativity and uniqueness are fostered, and in which expressing feelings and collaboration are modeled and supported.
TWENTY FIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Training educators by direct demonstration
with children of all ages in music, drama,
dance, yoga, and art; linking the arts to literacy,
science, math, self esteem, and cultural
- Directing preschool and school age child care,
arts programs, and performing arts studio,
including large educational and arts facilities.
- Developing arts programs that use movement,
music, and theatrical improvisation as tools
for improving communication skills, clarifying
feelings, and building confidence.
- Facilitating collaborative and creative adult
and children’s groups in training and therapeutic
- Extensive teaching and performing music,
theatre, and dance.
- Training consultant for Child Care Circuit,
Massachusetts Trial Court Child Care
Project, and Tufts University Center for
Applied Child Development, MA.
- Arts/Curriculum Coordinator for Community
Day Care of Lawrence, Inc., MA.
- Director of Gregg Neighborhood House,
Inc. supportive school age program,
- Director and lead teacher certification from
Office of Child Care Services, MA.
- Graduate study in Psychology and Health
Administration. BS in Child Development
and Educational Psychology; secondary
focus in Fine Arts - Union College,
- Professional training seminars over seventeen
years covering Communication,
Supervision, Management, Family
Therapy, Behavior Management,
Curriculum, Project Approach.
- Psychotherapy training with Gestalt
Institute of Cleveland and Cambridge.